Are you passionate about maritime safety, sea survival, building teams, and sharing your knowledge?
Would you like to work as a fulltime instructor delivering maritime courses?
If so, you might be our new Maritime Instructor at Maersk Training in Esbjerg.
you a great chance to make use of your maritime skills and experience. As Maritime Instructor, you will be a vital part of our maritime team delivering a better learning experience at our new maritime training centre in the port of Esbjerg. Here you will get the chance to operate our custom-built specialised Freefall-Lifeboat Simulator. As the right hand of the Maritime Team Lead you will over time get responsibility for specific courses.
• Deliver theoretical and practical training on the maritime STCW and OPITO boat courses, to the highest levels of quality and customer satisfaction
• Lead instructor on the maritime MOB, FRB and Lifeboat courses
• Deliver training as Instructor and Co-instructor. This includes preparation of boats, equipment and all other course related activities
• Daily safety of delegates at our maritime facilities during training
• Develop and maintain training material in the maritime department
• Set high personal and professional standards.
• Environmentally focused in the approach to the daily operation
• Show constant care
• Ensure a better learning experience
Who we are looking for
It is central for you to set high personal and professional standards to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction in our course delivery.
The perfect candidate
• Has a maritime background, preferable as a navigator or a marine engineer. Other maritime qualifications might be sufficient with the right background
• Ideally you have knowledge and experience in handling and working with MOB, lifeboats and maybe FRC’s
• You are well versed IT wise
• Ideally you have teaching experience, but it is not a requirement.
• You are customer focused and committed to deliver a better learning experience
• You speak and write Danish and English fluently
Last application date: 15 December 2017. For further information, please contact: Maritime Team Leader Kim Holm Ørnstrup at +45 29926107
Maersk Training focuses on training to be prepared for the great powers of both nature and technology. The training is designed to meet the challenges and the risks of the working environment. The company has invested heavily in building advanced simulators to provide realistic training and deliver more than textbook theory. Maersk Training plan and tailor training to the reality of the people they train. And as we live in a dynamic, progressing world, we believe in constant development and continuously improving the training and our facilities. Today, Maersk Training is an independent business unit with worldwide training facilities open to all companies.|