Klik venligst
danmarks-rederiforening.gif

Trump does not stop DONG bet in the US

Trump does not stop DONG bet in the US

02-06-2017 13:00:00


DONG Energy calls Trump's decision to withdraw the United States from the Paris agreement for "a step in the wrong direction." However, the company continues its efforts to sell offshore wind projects to the United States and receives support from the states.

DONG Energy does not see negative consequences of President Donald Trump's announcement that the United States will withdraw from the Paris agreement for its US projects.

"Renewable energy development takes place at the state level, where many states have ambitious targets to redirect energy supply from black to green, including expanding ocean winds. The political reactions so far, including the Republican Governor In Massachusetts, where we are working on developing offshore projects, continue with strong and unwavering support to continue the green change," says Jakob Askou Bøss, Strategic and Communications Director of DONG Energy to Maritime Denmark.

The company deplores the President's announcement, but does not think it will stop the green change.
"Trump’s decision to withdraw the United States from the Paris agreement is a step in the wrong direction. There is a need that all countries stand together to address the serious climate change that threatens global ecosystems. However, we do not see that the president's decision will stop the green change. There is broad political support for the Paris agreement from all other countries in the agreement, while at the same time the green technologies have become so cheap that there is good economy in continuing the green change," says Jakob Askou Bøss.

Source: The editors of Maritime Denmark


Klik venligst

< Front page

Copyright © Maritime Denmark



Breaking News

- 25 mio. for maritime educational programs
- Watch out – here ships sail by themselves
- Fusion could reduce Hamburg Süd’s fleet
- Which flag should we use today…
- Former leader at Færgen hired by Molslinjen
- Maersk shall employ 200 for digital buildup
- Solstad Farstad gains orders in Australia
- Cosco beats Maersk Line in container volume
- Maersk closes the Hamburg Süd deal on Thursday
- Maersk Expands its Executive Board
- Rreform strengthens martime educations
- Express ferries approved for Bornholm


Todays Top 5



This weeks Top 10

- One dead after Maersk Interceptor accident
- Watch out – here ships sail by themselves
- LORC launches new test facility on Lindø
- Esvagt keeps Nobelwind and Belwind running
- Ørsed closes the deal on Borkum Riffgrund 2
- Turkish shipyard at the Danish Maritime Fair
- Maersk-rig re-opens preceding fatal accident
- 25 mio. for maritime educational programs
Klik venligst
Klik venligst